Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Skating Along the Paper Trail

Welcome to the Paper Trail blog hop! This month we're sliding into May with the Later Sk8r paper packet. You may be skating on in from Betsy's blog or this may be your first stop. Either way I'm sure you'll find some inspiration!

I love the colors and patterns in this paper (even if the English teacher in me cringes each time I type the name). The cool blues and greens are right up my alley, and since I have a little guy who has a birthday this month, I am especially enjoying this pack right now.

This month I created a few simple all occasion cards. I was surprised at the versatility of this paper. I would gladly give these cards to any friends - male or female!


I liked the distressed look of the papers. They seemed to fit well with the Slate Washi Tape. This tape is quickly becoming a go-to embellishment for me.

It is very easy to use and you can add it to projects in so many different ways. It comes on a roll and you can cut it with scissors or tear it just like masking tape or painters tape. It is sticky so adhering it is super simple!

Sometimes I use washi tape as an additional adhesive, or to accentuate the way individual pieces are joined together. It can serve as an embellishment and can even be a substitute for ribbon or strips of paper.

Thanks, again, for stopping in. Check back later in the week for more updates on my latest crafting endeavors including the invitations to my little guy's party using the Later Sk8r paper and a fun new stamp! Until then, I skate on over to Vicki's blog to see what she has created. I'm sure you'll find something inspirational!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards...I'd happily receive one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun paper packet to use for a variety of cards. Nice job Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I have to admit I had not yet used the washi tape but I did use it with this paper and now I love it!! Very nice use of it on your cards.

    ReplyDelete